C Introduction, Facts about C, How to compile and execute C program
C is a general-purpose, high level languages that was originally developed by Dennis M. Ritchie to develop the UNIX operating system, at Bells lab.
- C was originally first implemented on DEC PDP-11 compiler in 1972.
- The UNIX OS, the C compiler and essentially all UNIX application programs has been written in C. C has now become a widely used professional language for various reasons. ( c programming )
- Easy to learn.
- Structured language.
- It produces efficient programs.
- It can handle low level activities.
Facts about C
- C is invented to write an operating system called UNIX. ( Fact about c )
- C is successor of B language which was introduced around the early 1970’s. ( Fact about c )
- The language was formalized in 1988 by the American National Standard Institute (ANSI). ( Fact about c )
- The UNIX was totally written in C. ( Fact about c )
How to compile and execute C program
- Open a text editor and add the C programming codes.
- Save the file as c (as your choice but with .c extention).
- Press Alt+F9 to compile the code.
- Press Ctrl+F9 to run the code.